Friday, December 28, 2007

Cohasset Children's Story

I am into the third week of this malaise and now I am getting pissy. I'm done with the 5 day antibiotics, I've drunk enough fluids to sink a battleship and I still feel like crap.

Especially after the 800 mile trip to get to my wife's sister's house in beautiful Cohasset, MA. Our seventeen year old daughter, Wanda Fonda Waterloo, is happy as a pig in filth to be with her five cousins...although there is the matter of the upcoming sleepover party with seven additional 13-14 year old girls tonight.

So now here I am, the ultimate millstone of a house guest, laying in bed and living off the kindness of my caring and concerned wife, Ms. Quincy Squantum Waterloo and her generous sister and brother-in-law.

All I have to do to survive is ignore the 12 screaming kids and then get out of here before the Patriots play. This is due to the fact that they actually like Sweatshirt Bill and his arrogant boys here. (Waza matta, youse guyz from Buffalo can't take winning? Wide Right, 0 for four! Ha ha ha!)

How can a land that harbors such a pure and clean franchise like the Red Sox give rise to the devil spawn that is the Patriots? That's a topic for another post.

In anticipation of tonight's sleep-over, I have taken the liberty of assembling a small film illustrating Tom Wait's "Children's Story" from his "Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards" Discs. I have leaned heavily upon the wonderful illustrations of Windsor McKay's "Little Nemo" series... play it for a loved one tonight.


No comments: