Monday, December 24, 2007

On the occassion of a Broken Nose

Just prior to my being struck down by whatever virulent strain of flu or God's karma that has kept me on my back for five days, I presided over the breaking of one of my fourth graders' noses. This was accomplished by his sliding down the school's sledding hill head first and right into the shinbone of a classmate.

I always went sledding face first. Of course, I always went sledding on a flexible flier made of wood and steel that you could steer, not these extruded pieces of low grade plastic that have all the handling of a Yugo in a hurricane. But I digress...

After learning of the broken proboscis and resulting concussion I drove to the local Wegman's where upon I observed a road-kill bunny being attended to by a murder of crows (yes, thats the proper name for a flock of crows) and then drove by the ever present oak trees in our valley.

So I made this video vignette....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still Raven flies, scavenging life from death.

Anonymous said...

And the blackbird flies in to scavenge life out of death.